This Valentine’s Day we’re focusing on the greatest love of all - self-love. Focusing on your relationship with yourself should be your top priority, it affects your self esteem, how you carry yourself and your relationships with others. A big part of self- love is self-care, and Frontrow is here to help you practice self-care in a healthy and healing way.
Take a deep breath, get cozy and let’s dive in:
We know self-care goes beyond lighting some candles and taking a relaxing bath, it’s also the mundane things like remembering to change your bedding, getting enough sleep and eating a nutritious meal. But the more ‘trendy’ self-care activities do serve their purpose, by forcing you to find joy and stillness in the smaller moments.
First things first, music! We’ve curated the ultimate self-care playlist, complete with calming, chilled tracks to accompany your evening of relaxation. Find the Frontrow Self-Care Spotify playlist here.
Once you have that going, here are a few ideas of what you can do for your evening of self love:
- Journal: take stock of your feelings in a safe, non-judgmental space, without worrying about what your handwriting looks like or feeling ridiculous. Get your thoughts onto paper and set some intentions going forward.
- Read: whether that’s starting a new book that’s been on your shelf forever or grabbing your favourite for a reread, reading is a great way to relax and step into another world for a while.
- Pamper: our personal favourite, spend some time washing and deep conditioning your hair, giving it the nourishment and TLC it deserves. Use the Frontrow hair care kit for the best quality products to provide moisture and shine.
- Food: make your favourite comfort food, whether that be a big ol’ bowl of popcorn with melted chocolate or a warm bowl of pasta.
- Get comfy: time to settle in your coziest spot and pick a great comfort movie. No stress if you can’t think of one, we’ve got you! Pick your fave from the list below:
- How to Lose in 10 Days
- Legally Blonde
- Mamma Mia
- 13 Going on 30
- Bridget Jones's Diary
- A Cinderella Story
- Miss Congeniality
Self-care is an important part of leading a healthy and balanced life. It is important to remember to take care of yourself and your needs, both mentally and physically. Be sure to make it, and subsequently yourself, a priority!