You might have seen the latest trend on social media - making your own rosemary water for promoting hair growth and health. In our Valentine’s Day free self-care kit, we’ve included a little DIY recipe and kit for you to make your own! Shop to the value of R1000 or more and receive your free kit today.
Disclaimer: we are not experts in the hair product manufacturing field and we do not claim responsibility for any damage or harm caused. This is a natural remedy of ingredients, gathered from external sources.
If you’re tired of hair loss and the time it takes to wait for your hair to grow out, rosemary water is a gentle and affordable treatment used to promote hair growth and health. It is gentle, yet effective and can lessen hair loss by stimulating growth.
Rising in popularity at the end of last year, this trend blew up among beauty TikTok influencers, including owner of Gigibee Beauty, Giorgina Juanita. We absolutely loved watching her rosemary water journey.
The best part about this hair care treatment is the simplicity of it, all you need is a few sprigs of rosemary (which is provided in our self-care kit) and a pot to boil hot water in! You can then dispense the final product into a spray bottle (also provided in our kit) and use as you wish.
There are various methods of applying the rosemary water, you can spray it throughout your hair or spray it and massage directly onto your scalp.
Okay, so let's get cooking:
- Lightly rinse your rosemary to remove any debris, and put it in a pot with water. If the water doesn’t cover the sprigs, add more until it does, and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. The water will turn a yellow-green colour, this is totally normal.
- Turn off the heat and let the rosemary continue to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture with a sieve and repeat until you’re left with only the infused water.
- Lastly, pour the liquid into your spray bottle and store it in the fridge.
There you have a bottle of magic spray to help with hair growth and health. Taking care of your hair is a big part of self-care, as we always say, your hair is your greatest accessory, so make sure you’re taking the time to look after it.
For the month of self-love, why not schedule some time every week to do a full hair care treatment? Complete with a wash, deep condition and rosemary water routine. Try it out for the month of February and see how your hair transforms!