The low ponytail is an effortlessly chic hairstyle that requires minimal effort but always looks elegant and 'put together'. It is a hairstyle that can accentuate your facial features and give you a polished look. There's a reason we've seen this hairstyle on magazine covers, social media and red carpets over the years - it's a firm favourite amongst celebrities and influencers alike.
While there are many ways to wear it, generally the classic sleek low ponytail gathers all the hair away from your face and holds it together in the nape of your neck. This is the foundation from which many variations of the ponytail are created.
Here are some tips for creating the perfect sleek low ponytail:
1. Start off by blow-drying the hair as straight as possible while combing the hair into a center parting using a rat tail comb.
2. Drop a few drops of oil or gel on the hair to create a slick look on the top and sides of the hair. Then using a boar bristle brush, comb the hair into a low ponytail and secure tightly with a hair elastic.
3. If you want to hide the hair elastic, wrap a small strand of hair around it and secure with some bobby pins.
4. For a really sleek effect spray a good hairspray all over the head and gently run a comb over your entire head to smooth everything out.
5. To finish this look, run your flatiron over the ponytail to make it poker straight and healthy looking.
If you are needing some extra length or volume to create that perfect ponytail - low or high - why not try our Frontrow clip-in ponytail? Available in a large variety of colours, our ponytails are made from 100% Remy human hair and are super easy to use! If you need some help styling your clip-in ponytail, check out our video here: