Hey FrontRow Girls!
I recently sent out a survey to all our customers who had bought hair extensions. Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer the 14 questions which are really imperative in assisting me to decide on the direction of FrontRow as a business this year 2017.
I started FrontRow in 2013 from an old beat up laptop. I designed a website on wordpress and ordered some hair samples from China. It was so nerve wrecking to place my first order as I had very little cash at the time, so it was a huge risk for me, paying over R40 000 to someone I had never met and hoping the hair would arrive in a reasonable condition so that I could sell it.
When I first started selling the extensions I sold them at my cost price, I was trying to establish a market and see if this was something women would get excited about. My first sets of extensions were sold at R990 for a 160g set. The extensions were great for the price you paid (In fact many of my close friends still have and wear theirs), but the quality needed to be improved.
I moved on to a better quality product and new supplier who I have a very close working relationship with. My supplier is based in China where the hair is sterilized, bleached, sewn and colored to the 14 different colors you will find on my website. The supplier and I communicate via whats app and have an excellent working relationship and she always tells me – “I am your friend Kim, we are always honest with each other” My husband met her in person on a recent business trip to China and she does her work to support her beautiful little daughter who is always with her in pictures. I trust her a lot and she works with me at growing FrontRow to its full potential.
This year I plan to do some exciting things together with my new operations manager(jack of all trades) Nas. Nas started with me last year, 3 weeks before I went off to give birth to my twins Leo and Ella. I kinda dropped her in the deep end, and I have to say she really pulled it off and is doing so well now, she understands FrontRow and we work very closely together, talking about where we can improve and the future of FrontRow Hair.
A quick review on the survey so many of you kindly filled in – I am going to be completely honest. We got some amazing reviews on our products and service. We also got some bad. I am however, relieved to say that of the 268 customers that filled in the survey so far, only 16 were in some way dissatisfied with our product or service. This is such a relief as a business owner, to know you are on the right track. I was so grateful for all the positive reviews and read every single one of your comments. In the same breath while the negative feedback is hard to swallow, I have learnt in business it is not personal and I agreed with some of the criticism that was put forward. These are some of the things we will be working on this year according to our survey results and feedback:
- The quality of the sewing of the clips onto the wefts – While we do supply additional clips with each delivery in case a clip is broken or falls off, we understand that it is annoying to have to sew them on yourself. We will collect and sew on new clips for anyone who’s clips break within 30 days of making their purchase.
- Lengths, many of you asked for shorter hair extensions and some for longer. As a small business right now it is difficult for me to keep in stock, all the different lengths, colors and thicknesses, so as a priority we have started by ordering longer 24inch extensions and we will maintain our cost effective 20inch extensions which can be cut into slightly shorter styles if necessary.
- Hair care products – I am currently working on a FrontRow moisturizing shampoo and conditioner which will be rolled out in the next few months. I will also be investigating the possibility of creating my own tangle teezer to be sold with your extensions – For now, Veaudry does have a great one.
- Products for balding and thinning hair. Wow, I am so excited to say we have ordered our first lot of crown toppers. These are designed to be parted in any direction and can be dyed at the roots for a very natural look. These will be available for purchase at the end of March 2017.
- Many of you had never seen our hair tutorials – I have now included some on the videos page on our website. We also have many videos on our Facebook Page and Youtube Channel.
- I am also working on a hair growth vitamin, which I am currently testing. Yay! That should be ready in the next few months.
- Workshops – I love doing these and will definitely set up a few more this year.
Please feel free to set up an appointment to come in and see our new premises or to feel the quality of our hair. We love meeting our customers and hearing your stories.
We look forward to growing, improving, learning and excelling together with you this year. I love FrontRow and I promise you I will never take my eye off the ball. FrontRow is my 5th child.
Oh yes! While we have over 105 000 Facebook followers, our instagram profile is a little quiet 🙂 Please follow us on instagram @frontrowhair we are trying to grow our following and will be posting Instagram specific promotions on there.
Lots of Love